A list of personality tests, books, and online programs that I recommend.
Disclaimer: Most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase on that website.
- Personality Hacker’s Genius Styles Test* — this is the best free test I’ve found. It’s still no substitute for researching type theory and/or talking with a professional typologist, but it’s a good place to start.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown* — I absolutely love Brown’s writings and her TED talks. If the idea of learning to live fearlessly sounds good, you’ll definitely want to check her out.
- Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type by Isabel Briggs Myers* — this is the original Myers-Briggs personality book.
- The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine Aron* — if that “world overwhelms you” phrase from the subtitle caught your eye, you need to read this book. Learning I’m an HSP was as helpful as learning I’m introverted
- Neuroscience of Personality: Brain Savvy Insights for All Types of People by Dario Nardi* — for those wondering about the science behind Myers-Briggs types
- Personality Type: An Owner’s Manual by Lenore Thomson* — an excellent, in-depth resource for understanding personality types.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain* — a life-changing book for introverts
- Was That Really Me?: How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality by Naomi Quenk* — this is a great resource for understanding why our thinking patterns change when we’re stressed. She also has tips for how to deal with your stress
- Personality Hacker’s Personalities in Children & Family*
- Personality Hacker’s Personalities in Dating & Attraction*
- Personality Hacker’s Personalities in Marriage & Relationships*
- Personality Hacker’s Type Starter Kits*
- Personality Hacker* — they put out some of the best personality type resources on the internet
- Psychology Junkie — Susan and I’ve become friends through our blogs and she has some wonderful resources for all types
- I Speak People — this website is run by an INFJ and he as a very helpful blog, free ebook, and podcast available
Christian Books and Bible Study Tools:
- The Complete WordStudy Dictionary: New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates* — my favorite Greek dictionary
- eSword for PC — a free-to-download Bible study program that’s easy to use and very thorough
- MySword app — this is free-to-download Android app I use for Bible Study
- Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul’s Path to God by Gary Thomas* — a sort of fusion between personality types and faith journeys. A very interesting read
- Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament by Laird R. Hariss, Gleason L. Archer, Jr., and Bruce K. Waltke* — my favorite Hebrew dictionary
*indicates affiliate links