I’ve been nominated for The One Lovely Blog Award by INFJ Ramblings and Wild Blue, and am very pleased to accept. Thank you both! Here’s some info about the award:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “LOVELY” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to CONNECT with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
Nominate 15 or more bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
Here are seven facts about me. I’ll try to pick some that you don’t already know from reading this blog.
- I have three freshwater fishtanks. Inhabitants include an upside-down catfish named Bilbo and an anglefish named James Fingolfin.
- I’m interested (read: vaguely obsessed) with cryptozoology and have collected a box full of articles, completed more than one cryptozoology-themed art project, and own 8 books devoted to the subject.
- My cat is almost the same age as my little brother (they are 16 going on 17 *cue music*).
- You can actually read my undergraduate thesis online via The Ohio State University’s Knowledge Bank: Frances Burney and Mary Wollstonecraft: Biblical Answers to the 18th Century Gender Crisis.
- I love names. My current favorite first-middle combinations are Callen Alexei, Killian Asher, Marina Simone, and Ashlyn Rebekah.
- My favorite fairy tale in every form is “Beauty and the Beast.” Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont’s version is my favorite “original” fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney film, and Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley is my favorite fairy-tale retelling.
- I’m using Duolingo to refresh/build up my French vocabulary. This program let’s you unlock additional lessons, like flirting, which it told me I “mastered” yesterday. Voulez-vous danser avec moi?
And here are my nominations, in no particular order (yes, I know it’s less than 15).
2 thoughts on “The One Lovely Blog Award”
I enjoyed reading your seven facts!
I used to have two fish tanks and was rather obsessed with my fish. I had fish books that I enjoyed reading to learn more about them and how to care for them.
I really like both of Robin McKinley’s versions of “Beauty and the Beast.”
Thank you for nominating my blog!
Glad you enjoyed them 🙂
I used to read quite a few fish-keeping books as well. Even subscribed to Aquarium fish magazine for a while, but I’m not quite so devoted to my aquariums any more.
I think “Rose Daughter” was my favorite of the two, but “Beauty” is really good too.
You’re very welcome! I like reading your blog 🙂